Our team understands the complexity of operating in the fast-paced retail sector characterised by ever changing consumer demands and technology.
We know how important it is to have great employees who can keep up with the changes, and how devastating a difficult employee can be to the bottom line of your business. We provide legal support and advice to our retail clients to ensure people problems are dealt with efficiently and effectively, enabling you to take care of business.
We have worked with small to large businesses across the retail sector, including in the pharmacy, fashion, clothing and footwear, home living, speciality stores and sport, recreation and leisure industries.
Recent issues we have advised on include:
- Award classification and compliance, particularly with wage rates
- Contracts of employment, including for casual and permanent
- Staff performance and conduct issues, including theft and privacy issues
- Termination of employment
- Conducting investigations into bullying claims
- Restructuring and consultation obligations
- Representation in the Fair Work Commission
- Workplace Safety obligations, including under state based.
We assist in creating an effective and safe workplace and desired workplace culture.