In 2009, Managing Partner Dan Feldman set out to create a firm that offered proactive employment and safety legal services for Australian businesses.
He established HR Legal, a boutique employment and safety law firm and engaged a small number of like-minded, ‘young gun’ employment lawyers from top tier firms to work with him in providing effective and practical advice to employers of all sizes and industries.
Employers turned to HR Legal for advice they could act on as opposed to a restatement of the law. This results driven approach was the foundation of our reputation.
HR Legal’s reputation for providing proactive, practical and commercial employment and safety advice has led to the growth of the firm. To accommodate our ever-increasing number of clients, we moved into modern offices in the heart of South Yarra and more lawyers have joined our reliable team.
Now, after 14 years, HR Legal is a respected and influential employment and safety firm for Australian businesses. We continue to commercially manage employment and safety legal risk for employers nationally across a multitude of industries. We listen to our clients, we work with them to provide commercial solutions, and consequently they gain measurable results that achieve their human resources strategies.
Our Core Values
- Respectful – We are respectful of each other, our clients, our competitors, and the community.
- Committed – We are committed to excellence in everything we do, to getting an outcome, to our clients and to our team.
- Reliable – We do what we say we will do.
- Pragmatic – We take a sensible and realistic approach, based on practical considerations, to achieve outcomes.
“Empowering Australian employers to create thriving workplaces that are safe, compliant and enduring”
Why Work With HR Legal
We provide you with advice you can act on as opposed to conservative advice and a restatement of the law. We consider not just legal repercussions, but the financial and commercial outcomes. Hence our reputation for providing ‘edgy’ advice.
Experienced Employment and Safety Lawyers
Our team is made up exclusively of experienced lawyers, either home-grown by HR Legal or from top-tier firms. Our lawyers’ collaborative approach ensures you receive quality service and advice that doesn’t vary depending on which lawyer you are working with.
Dedicated Employment and Safety Law Firm
We are truly experts at what we do; employment and safety legal advice for employers. We only practice in this area and will not provide you with advice in areas we do not practice in. However, we do have relationships with trusted advisers in areas you may require additional support who we can introduce you to if required.
Client Objectives Come First
Our process is simple when providing you with advice.
- We listen to the issue and then ask you “What is the desired result?”.
- We provide you with solutions, depending on your risk appetite, to achieve this result – never losing site of managing legal risk.
- We provide you with the support, tactics and tools to achieve your desired outcome.