A Law Firm that Grows with You: Our Healthcare Industry Expertise
As the healthcare industry grows, providers will need an employment and safety law firm that can grow with them. The growing and ageing Australian population is generating a strong demand for healthcare services. While this is positive for organisations operating in healthcare, it comes with the challenge of increased human resourcing needs and associated issues.
We work with small to large organisations within the healthcare sector including:
- Public and private hospitals
- General practice and specialty medical services
- Physiotherapy and other rehabilitation and alternative service providers
- Dental services
- Aged care providers, residential care facilities and home care services
- Private health insurers
- Pharmaceuticals and medical devices
- Veterinary services
Our team has the expertise and experience to provide healthcare organisations with the support they need in managing human resourcing strategy and issues.
HR Legal understands the needs of the healthcare industry: from recruitment and industrial relations to performance and conduct issues and termination of employment.
We have proven experience working with healthcare providers, assisting with progressive and strategic legal advice including:
- Conducting workplace investigations into allegations of bullying, harassment and misconduct
- Conducting training on safety obligations and obligations to injured workers (with both work and non-work related injuries)
- Negotiation of Enterprise Agreement with unions representing nurses and home and community care workers
- Advice on terminations of employment
- Advice on redundancies following corporate restructures
- Representation in the Fair Work Commission
- Workplace Safety obligations, including under state based.