Backbone of the Australian Economy: Employment and Safety Law Advice to Ensure the Longevity of Your Business
We work with family businesses and franchisors, large and small, in a range of industries, including manufacturing, retail, hospitality and automotive.
Family businesses account for 70% of all the businesses in Australia. They are the backbone of our economy and operate with a sense of implicit trust and resilience. The key to their success is clear communication, business succession planning and seeking outside assistance where required.
HR Legal was founded to assist businesses in ensuring they are enduring and resilient. This purpose was driven by many of our lawyers growing up in family owned and operated businesses. They have seen firsthand the strain that employment problems can place on their family and the business.
We work with you to ensure your family business is one of the three that continues into the next generation.
Our team has provided advice and support to family businesses on workplace relations and safety issues including:
- Business succession planning
- Contracts of employment
- Conducting workplace investigations into allegations of bullying, harassment and misconduct
- Equal Opportunity and Anti-discrimination issues
- Advice on terminations of employment
- Advice on restructures and redundancies
- Advice on serious misconduct issues
- Representation in Fair Work Commission
- Workplace Safety obligations, including under state based.