Understanding the latest in employment law enables managers and human resources professionals to identifying issues and actions that have the potential to expose the business to legal and other risks.
This training course covers:
- The Fair Work Act, minimum conditions and awards
- Types of Enterprise Agreements, Individual Flexibility Agreements
- The difference between an employee and a contractor
- The work environment: harassment, discrimination, bullying and WorkCover
- Termination of employment, possible claims and business protection
Training Course Duration
Managers and human resources professionals need to understand the risks involved in taking or failing to take certain actions during the employment lifecycle.
After this training course participants should be able to:
- Discuss the hiring process and considerations from a legal perspective
- Explain the basics of determining the best model to engage a worker from a legal perspective
- Discuss what an employment contract should include
- Explain the basic employment legislative framework in Australia
- Discuss the basics of the National Employment Standards Modern Awards
- Discuss the basics of individual flexibility agreements, enterprise agreements and annualised salaries and identify relevant instruments that apply to your organisation
- Explain the risks that can arise during employment
- Discuss termination of employment and explain the legal risks that can arise
This training course is developed and delivered by leading workplace lawyers specifically for Managers, Supervisors and HR professionals.
We use handouts, case studies and allow time for questions and problem solving to ensure your managers gain practical knowledge.