On 1 March 2020, changes were made to a number of modern awards regarding annualised wage arrangements for full time employees, including the requirement to notify employees in writing of the annualised salary payable to them and how the annualised salary had been calculated. As part of these changes, employers are obliged to undertake a reconciliation of any annualised wage arrangement every 12 months.
Therefore, on 1 March 2021, being 12 months from the commencement of the annualised wage provisions, employers will be required to undertake the first reconciliation to calculate the amount of remuneration that would have been payable to the employee under the applicable modern award and compare it to the amount of the annualised wage actually paid to the employees.
This webinar will cover:
- Overview of the obligations on employers that provide annualised wage arrangements for their employees under certain modern awards;
- Details of the reconciliation required between the annualised salary and modern award entitlements due on 1 March 2021;
- Tips on avoiding exposure to underpayment claims relating to annualised wage arrangements;
- Alternative options to strict compliance with annualised wage provisions;
- What to do if there is a shortfall in wages to the employee, and how to avoid this moving forward.
This training will enable your organisation to manage annualised wage arrangements for staff covered by certain modern awards with minimal legal risk.
- Event Details:
Delivery: Online via GoToWebinar Date: Wednesday, 24 February 2021 Time: 12:30pm to 1:30pm AEDT Cost: Free
Our seminars, webinars and workshops are for the benefit of those working in organisations who are seeking learning and development opportunities in employment law and workplace safety. As per this, we do not allow competitors to attend our seminars. HR Legal reserves the right to cancel the registration of those who may be a competitor to our organisation. Please note that if we note that your organisation offers similar services to ours we will cancel your registration.