At any given time up to 1 in 5 employees are likely to be experiencing a mental health condition. It is imperative for Managers, Directors and HR professionals to understand the challenges that mental health conditions can bring and your rights and obligations in respect to employee mental health as an employer.
This training course covers:
- The definition of ‘good’ mental health
- How mental health issues may manifest in the workplace
- Employers’ rights and obligations in respect to employees with known or suspected mental health conditions
- How to identify mental health “red flags”
- How to start the conversation with an employee regarding mental health
- How to provide support to employees with known mental health issues
- How to encourage safe work practices to support mental health
- Actions the business can take if an employee does not have capacity for work or is not meeting performance expectations, whilst minimising legal risks
- Provision of a template Inherent Requirements of the Job document and Fit for Work policy
Training Course Duration
Managers, Directors and HR professionals need to understand how to foster employee wellbeing, while at the same time managing legal and other risks in the workplace.
After this training course you should be able to:
- Identify mental health “red flags” and be able to start the conversation with an employee regarding mental health
- Explain employers’ rights and obligations to employees with known or suspected mental health conditions
- Explain how to avoid unlawful discrimination with regards to employees with known or suspected mental health conditions
- Develop an action plan for employees with known or suspected mental health conditions
- Discuss actions an employer can take if an employee does not have capacity for work or is not meeting performance expectations, whilst minimising legal risks
- Develop a plan to promote a mentally healthy workplace, support options and resources.
Designed and delivered by leading workplace lawyers and specialist mental health occupational therapists, this training provides a unique learning experience for senior executives and managers.
This training course will be delivered at HR Legal’s offices in South Yarra. Food and beverages will be provided for participants.
We use handouts, case studies and allow time for questions, storytelling, problem solving and networking with other participants to ensure you gain practical knowledge.
If you would like to train your full HR and/or management team, we can tailor this training to your business and deliver it in-house. Please fill out the enquiry form and we will contact you to discuss how we can deliver this training in your business to achieve your objectives.