A workplace investigation can be a key aspect of managing inappropriate behaviour and the complaint handling process. However, conducting investigations is one of the most complex HR tasks for any organisation and every investigation is different.
It is imperative that HR professionals understand when workplace investigations are required and how to conduct them. Getting it wrong can give rise to a multitude of legal and commercial risks, including unfair dismissal, general protections or WorkCover stress claims.
On Tuesday 8 August 2023, David Sztrajt and Nikola Prestia, Partners at HR Legal, will be running an online training course regarding workplace investigation, covering:
- When a workplace investigation should be conducted
- Formal vs informal investigation processes
- The pros and cons of conducting a workplace investigation
- The difference between “internal”, “external” and “independent” investigations
- How to conduct a workplace investigation, including:
- Immediate actions to take after deciding to proceed with an investigation
- Gathering evidence
- Conducting interviews
- Preparing a report into findings
- Legal risks
- Considerations when providing recommendations
- Additional matters and legal risks to consider before, during and after a workplace investigation
This training course will be conducted online and active participation is encouraged.
Delivery: Online via GoToWebinar
Date: Tuesday 8 August 2023
Time: 12.00pm – 2.00pm AEST
Cost: $150.00 per person. Please contact us should you wish to arrange multiple attendees, as discounted rates may apply.