When an employee leaves a business, often they depart with a great deal of knowledge, know-how and information which is of value to that business.
Additionally, they may have valuable relationships with that business’ customers, clients, suppliers and/or staff. In the absence of appropriate protections, the employee may be free to utilise their knowledge/relationships gained with the business to their own advantage, and that of the business’ competitors.
Contractual restraints of trade are an important protection to reduce the likelihood of this risk – but only if they are properly drafted.
This webinar will cover:
- Who, what, when and why of restraints of trade
- The construction of restraints to ensure they are enforceable
- How employers can ensure restraints do not become void or unenforceable
- Recent cases and their implications for enforceability of restraints
After this webinar participants should be able to:
- Identify what protections can be put in place to seal information and data from outside the workplace
- Understand the relevant legislation surrounding business protection
- Demonstrate how to manage and respond to outbursts of company information while managing legal risk
- Understand prevention techniques in relation to structuring restraints and enforcing restraints
- Understand what steps could be implemented to address a breach of restraint
This webinar will be presented by David Sztrajt, Senior Associate at HR Legal.
Our webinars are delivered free and online, we encourage questions from participants at any time during the webinar. We also run polls and questionnaires to keep you engaged and interacting.
- Event Details:
Delivery: Online via GoToWebinar Date: Tuesday, 21 September 2021 Time: 12:30pm to 1:30pm AEST Cost: Free
Our seminars, webinars and workshops are for the benefit of those working in organisations who are seeking learning and development opportunities in employment law and workplace safety. As per this, we do not allow competitors to attend our seminars. HR Legal reserves the right to cancel the registration of those who may be a competitor to our organisation. Please note that if we note that your organisation offers similar services to ours we will cancel your registration.