With the recent passing of the Anti-Discrimination and Human Rights Legislation Amendment (Respect at Work) Act 2022, it is now abundantly clear that the onus is on employers to proactively prevent sexual harassment and hostile workplace environments, and instead create a safe workplace culture.
Employers will need to ensure that it is taking appropriate steps to comply with new duties under the Respect@Work legislation and mitigate the risk of potential harassment and discrimination claims.
While many of the changes came into effect from 13 December 2022, further changes will take effect in December 2023, which expands employees’ options to pursue claims.
On Thursday the 9th of March 2023, Georgie Chapman, Partner and Nikola Prestia, Senior Associate will be running a FREE webinar which will cover what employers need to know including:
• Overview of the Respect@Work legislation
• Current statistics and trends regarding workplace sexual harassment
• New positive duty to eliminate unlawful sex discrimination (including sexual harassment)
• What are hostile workplace environments on the ground of sex
• Enforcement and inquiry powers of the Australian Human Rights Commission
• Extended timeframes to make sexual harassment complaints
Our webinars are delivered free and online, we encourage questions from participants at any time during the webinar. We also run polls and questionnaires to keep you engaged and interacting.
Delivery: Online via GoToWebinar
Date: 9 March 2023
Our seminars, webinars and workshops are for the benefit of those working in organisations who are seeking learning and development opportunities in employment law and workplace safety. As such, we do not allow competitors to attend our seminars. HR Legal reserves the right to cancel the registration of those who may be a competitor to our organisation. Please note that if we identify that your organisation offers similar services to ours we will cancel your registration.