A valued employee taking parental leave presents many challenges for the individual and for the business. Further, many employees also request flexible working arrangements to manage both their career and family commitments. As an employer, do you know your legal obligations to ensure you are compliant, including how to best support your employees?
In this webinar, Georgie Chapman of HR Legal, together with Dr. Sarah Cotton of Transitioning Well will:
- Build knowledge around the business case for Parental Leave Transition support and Flexible Work practices
- Explore an organisation’s minimum legal obligations and best practice strategies across the three phases of Parental Leave (i.e. preparing for leave, during leave and returning from leave)
- Explain the legislation regarding flexible working arrangements; including eligibility and how to respond to a request
- Discuss the realities of workplace flexibility in the context of Parental Leave, including practices that inhibit and enhance its success
- Highlight the impact of the new long service leave legislation in Victoria on parental leave and flexible working arrangements
Transitioning Well specialises in navigating life transitions in the workplace. Our team of national psychologists develop and promote best practice strategies and tailored solutions across the employment life-cycle. To find out more click here.
Delivered free and online, we encourage questions from participants at any time during the webinar. We also run polls and questionnaires to keep you engaged and interacting. This webinar is also a taster into our co-designed and co-facilitated training modules: ‘Effective Parental Leave Transitions’ and ‘Making Flexibility Work’