A valued employee taking parental leave presents many challenges for the individual and for the business. Further, many employees also request flexible working arrangements to manage both their career and family commitments. As an employer, do you know your legal obligations to ensure you are compliant, but also support your employees?
This seminar covers:
- Build knowledge around the business case for Parental Leave Transition support and Flexible Work practices
- Explore an organisation’s minimum legal obligations and best practice strategies across the three phases of Parental Leave (i.e. preparing for leave, during leave and returning from leave)
- Explain the legislation regarding flexible working arrangements; including eligibility and how to respond to a request
- Discuss the realities of workplace flexibility in the context of Parental Leave, including practices that inhibit and enhance its success
- Highlight the impact of the new long service leave legislation in Victoria on parental leave and flexible working arrangements
It is important that managers and HR professionals understand how to manage parental leave and flexible working arrangements.
After this seminar participants should be able to:
- Identify what best practice initiatives to have in place as parental leave policies
- Understand flexible working arrangements that are practical, flexible and tailored to the specific circumstances of the business and its employees
- Understand the relevant legislation surrounding flexible and parental work leave to ensure the workplace is compliant
- Understand the benefits of employers to having parental leave
This training course is developed and delivered by leading workplace lawyers and national psychologists.
Transitioning Well specialises in navigating life transitions in the workplace. Our team of national psychologists develop and promote best practice strategies and tailored solutions across the employment life-cycle. To find out more click here.
We use handouts, case studies and allow time for questions and problem solving to ensure participants gain practical knowledge.