At any given time up to 1 in 5 employees are likely to be experiencing a mental health condition. It is imperative that your Managers, Directors and HR team understand the challenges that mental health conditions can bring and your rights and obligations in respect to employee mental health as an employer.
As a Mental Health Week special, HR Legal has partnered with P2 Group, A Gallagher Company to run a workshop on the topic of Managing Mental Health in the Workplace.
This training course covers:
- The definition of ‘good’ mental health
- How mental health issues may manifest in the workplace
- Employers’ rights and obligations in respect to employees with known or suspected mental health conditions
- How to identify mental health “red flags”
- How to start the conversation with an employee regarding mental health
- How to provide support to employees with known mental health issues
- How to encourage safe work practices to support mental health
- Actions the business can take if an employee does not have capacity for work or is not meeting performance expectations, whilst minimising legal risks
- Review or provision of one template Inherent Requirements of the Job document and Fit for Work policy
The Managers, Directors and HR team in your organisation need to understand how to foster employee well being, while at the same time managing legal and other risks in the workplace.
This workshop will be presented by Georgie Chapman, Partner at HR Legal and Brianna Cattanach, Senior Occupational Therapist at P2 Group, a Gallagher Company.
|Venue:||MCG Room, Gallagher Offices, 4/289 Wellington Parade S, East Melbourne|
|Date:||Wednesday 9 October, 2019|
|Time:||9:00am to 12:00pm|
Cost: $250 (ex GST)
Our seminars, webinars and workshops are for the benefit of those working in organisations who are seeking learning and development opportunities in employment law and workplace safety. As per this, we do not allow competitors (of HR Legal or P2 Group – A Gallagher Company) to attend our seminars. HR Legal reserves the right to cancel the registration of those who may be a competitor to our organisations. Please note that if we note that your organisation offers similar services to ours we will cancel your registration.