Employees are engaged to perform productive work that adds value to your business. However, illness or injury can inhibit an employee for carrying out that role, for either a short period or long period of time.
A long-term absence can have a significant impact on other workers, productivity and your business’ bottom line. Further, facing the difficult decision to terminate employment can raise many legal risks.
In this interactive webinar, our lawyers will:
- Discuss the importance of defining the inherent requirements of a role
- Discuss when and why employers should conduct independent medical examinations from a legal risk management perspective
- Outline employer obligations to long term injured workers
- Discuss and explain the legal risks that are involved in termination of injured and ill workers
- Provide practical strategies for minimising legal risk.
Delivered free and online, we encourage questions from participants at any time during the webinar. We also run polls and questionnaires to keep you engaged and interacting.