A decline in market conditions, reduced workloads or changes to technology can result in restructure, and, ultimately, redundancies.
During the restructure process there are a myriad of obligations an employer needs to consider, making this an area fraught with legal risk.
Unfair dismissal, discrimination and adverse action claims are commonplace following a restructure.
However, by following a robust, objective and legally compliant process, employers can reduce the risk of claims arising, and assist in defending claims if they do.
In this interactive webinar, our lawyers will:
- Discuss the process to adopt during a restructure to minimise disruption to the workplace, costs and legal exposure
- Explain employers’ consultation obligations to stakeholders and where these are required
- Discuss the selection process for redundancies, including voluntary versus compulsory redundancies
- Discuss offering and managing redeployment opportunities
- Discuss how to manage the termination process to ensure compliance and minimise legal risk.
Delivered free and online, we encourage questions from participants at any time during the webinar. We also run polls and questionnaires to keep you engaged and interacting.