A strategic approach to the bargaining process for an enterprise agreement is the key to achieving your Council’s desired outcomes.
The renegotiation of your enterprise agreement is also the ideal opportunity to review your current agreement with fresh eyes. This will enable you to remove confusing or inconsistent language as well as legacy clauses that can form the basis of a disruptive and costly dispute or claim. It can also mean gaining efficiencies for your Council.
In this interactive webinar, our lawyers will:
- Discuss current sector trends and union activity which may impact bargaining and influence Council objectives
- Discuss key factors to consider when developing a bargaining strategy, both prior to and during negotiations
- Provide an overview of the key legal steps required in good faith bargaining
- Explain how to identify and plan for the risk of industrial action, how to avoid it, and preparation to minimise its impact on Council
- Explore trade-offs and tips to achieve your Council’s EA goals
- Share communication tips relevant to the bargaining process and including how to run a successful ‘YES’ campaign
Delivered free and online, we encourage questions from participants at any time during the webinar. We also run polls and questionnaires to keep you engaged and interacting.