Victoria’s new workplace manslaughter offences will come into operation by July.
Employers will face fines of $16.5 million, and directors and senior managers could face 20 years imprisonment.
Negligent acts that occur before the laws commence could impact on future liability.
Employers in all industries, not just high risk industries, could face legal exposure.
Now more than ever it is important to understand and comply with your workplace safety obligations.
This webinar will cover:
- Who can be charged with “workplace manslaughter”?
- What is meant by “criminal negligence” and how it differs from existing legal tests of “reasonably practicable” and “recklessness”?
- The different factors that could lead to a prosecution if there is a workplace fatality
- Understanding the duty to members of the public
- Understanding how an employee’s suicide could result in charges
The Managers, Directors and HR team in your organisation need to understand the actions they should take now to improve safety.
This webinar will be presented by Dan Feldman, Managing Partner at HR Legal.
|Date:||Wednesday, 26 February 2020|
|Time:||12:30pm to 1:30pm|
Our seminars, webinars and workshops are for the benefit of those working in organisations who are seeking learning and development opportunities in employment law and workplace safety. As per this, we do not allow competitors to attend our seminars. HR Legal reserves the right to cancel the registration of those who may be a competitor to our organisation. Please note that if we note that your organisation offers similar services to ours we will cancel your registration.