HR Legal in conjunction with Xchanging invite you to a free webinar on Industrial Manslaughter which will cover Victoria’s new workplace manslaughter offences that will come into operation on 1 July this year.
Employers may face fines of $16.5 million, and directors and senior managers could face 20 years imprisonment.
Negligent acts that occur before the laws commence could impact on future liability.
Employers in all industries, not just high risk industries, could face legal exposure.
Now more than ever it is important to understand and comply with your workplace safety obligations.
The webinar will cover:
- Who can be charged with “workplace manslaughter”?
- What is meant by “criminal negligence” and how it differs from existing legal tests of “reasonably practicable” and “recklessness”?
- The different factors that could lead to a prosecution if there is a workplace fatality
- Understanding the duty owed to members of the public
- Understanding whether an employee’s suicide could result in charges
This webinar will be presented by Dan Feldman, Managing Partner at HR Legal.
Our webinars are delivered free and online, we encourage questions from participants at any time during the webinar. We also run polls and questionnaires to keep you engaged and interacting.
- Event Details:
Delivery: Online Date: Thursday, 2 July 2020 Time: 10:00am to 11:00am Cost: Free
Our seminars, webinars and workshops are for the benefit of those working in organisations who are seeking learning and development opportunities in employment law and workplace safety. As per this, we do not allow competitors to attend our seminars. HR Legal reserves the right to cancel the registration of those who may be a competitor to our organisation. Please note that if we note that your organisation offers similar services to ours we will cancel your registration.