Are you ready for the changes to Fixed Term Contracts?
Following recent changes to the Fair Work Act, from 6 December 2023, employers will be prohibited from engaging employees on fixed term with a period of two or more years (including extensions) or on a fixed term contract with multiple extensions. This includes maximum term contracts or outer limit contracts. There are limited exemptions that will apply.
The aim of these changes is to reduce the use of fixed-term contracts and ensure more employees are in permanent employment, however this is likely to have wide-spread impacts on employers who rely on fixed-term arrangements due to the nature of their organisation.
During this webinar we will explain what employers need to know ahead of these changes coming into effect, including:
- What the restrictions are;
- Exemptions to the restrictions on fixed term contracts;
- Consequences of non-compliance;
- New dispute resolution jurisdiction of the Fair Work Commission and Courts; and
- New Fixed Term Contract Information Statement