At any given time up to 1 in 5 employees are likely to be experiencing a mental health condition. In a time of Covid-19 and the related challenges, change and uncertainties, it is more imperative now than ever that your Managers, Directors and HR team understand the challenges that mental health conditions can bring and your rights and obligations in respect to employee mental health as an employer.
The webinar will cover:
- The definition of ‘good’ mental health
- How mental health issues may manifest in the workplace including for employees working remotely
- Employers’ rights and obligations in respect to employees with known or suspected mental health conditions
- How to identify mental health “red flags”
- How to start the conversation with an employee regarding mental health
- How to provide support to employees with known mental health issues
- How to encourage safe work practices to support mental health
- Actions the business can take if an employee does not have capacity for work or is not meeting performance expectations, whilst minimising legal risks
This webinar will be presented by Georgie Chapman, Partner at HR Legal and Brianna Cattanach, Principal Consultant at Gallagher Workplace Risk.
Our webinars are delivered free and online, we encourage questions from participants at any time during the webinar. We also run polls and questionnaires to keep you engaged and interacting.
- Event Details:
Delivery: Online Date: Thursday, 18 June 2020 Time: 12:30pm to 1:30pm AEST Cost: Free
Our seminars, webinars and workshops are for the benefit of those working in organisations who are seeking learning and development opportunities in employment law and workplace safety. As per this, we do not allow competitors to attend our seminars. HR Legal reserves the right to cancel the registration of those who may be a competitor to our organisation. Please note that if we note that your organisation offers similar services to ours we will cancel your registration.