This seminar will outline the possible changes that may occur, depending on the outcome of the Federal Election in May 2019. This seminar will also look at other relevant changes that will occur in Victoria, across a broad range of areas relevant to workplace relations:
- Long service leave entitlement changes
- Labour Hire Licensing changes
- What is happening with the introduction of ‘Industrial Manslaughter’
- Implementation of new criminalisation of wage theft laws
- What is happening with casual employees, including: Penalty Rates and casual conversation requirements
- Changes to carers leave and flexible working arrangements
- Additions to the National Employment Standards (NES): The new national standard of Domestic Violence leave
- Vulnerable workers and increasing personal exposure for officers and managers
Training Course Duration
It is important that managers and HR professionals are aware of current and relevant employment laws.
After this training course participants should be able to:
- Identify the key and relevant Federal and Victorian changes in employment law
- Understand the current issues in dealing with casual employees
- Understand the complexities of current trends inclusive of Flexible Working Arrangements, Carers Leave and Domestic Violence Leave
This training course is developed and delivered by leading workplace lawyers.
We use handouts, case studies and allow time for questions and problem solving to ensure participants gain practical knowledge.