Join us for an informative and FREE webinar on Wednesday 15 November 2023
In today’s dynamic business landscape, the flexibility of contractor arrangements is a key asset for many organizations. However, navigating the complexities of contractor engagement can sometimes lead to unforeseen legal challenges and financial consequences. To help you steer clear of these pitfalls and make informed decisions, we are thrilled to announce our upcoming webinar, “Contractors vs. Employees: Navigating the Legal Landscape.”
Hosted by David Sztrajt, Partner at HR Legal, this informative webinar will provide you with valuable insights into the critical distinctions between contractors and employees. Whether you’re an HR professional, business owner, or manager, this event is a must-attend to ensure your workforce engagement practices are legally sound and compliant.
Key Topics Covered:
- High Court’s Recent Rulings: Gain a comprehensive understanding of when a worker is considered an employee or an independent contractor, particularly concerning minimum wage, unfair dismissal, leave, and other employment-related entitlements.
- Financial Considerations: Delve into the complexities of superannuation, PAYG, ensuring you’re up-to-date with the latest regulations and compliance standards.
- Sham and Unfair Contracting: Learn how to steer clear of the legal pitfalls associated with sham contracting and unfair contractor agreements, with insights into recent court decisions and Fair Work Ombudsman’s actions.
- Legal Risk Mitigation: Discover the critical legal risks and parameters surrounding independent contracting, and equip your management team with the knowledge to establish legally compliant arrangements.
- Closing the Loopholes: a brief look at some of the proposed changes for contractors in the Closing Loopholes Bill including minimum terms and conditions for ‘employee-like’ workers.