Contractor arrangements are often adopted because of the freedoms they provide businesses in their hiring practices.
However, cases continue to show the costs involved when such arrangements are improperly introduced, including penalties for sham contracting, back-payments of leave and other Award entitlements, and superannuation, amongst other matters.
To help you avoid these unforeseen costs in your business, our Contractors vs Employees seminar will provide you with a clear understanding of the important nuances between the two options for engaging workers, and assist you in avoiding some of the pitfalls often experienced by employers when things go wrong.
This webinar will cover:
- When a worker is really an employee for minimum wage, unfair dismissal, leave, and other employment related entitlements
- Superannuation, PAYG and payroll tax considerations
- Guidance to ensure the business meets its health and safety obligations to independent contractors
- Sham contracting and unfair contracting
- Recent approaches taken by the Courts and Fair Work Ombudsman
Understanding the legal risks and parameters around independent contracting will assist your management team to implement legally compliant arrangements and fulfil your business’ legal obligations.
This webinar will be presented by David Sztrajt, Senior Associate at HR Legal.
|Date:||Thursday, 26 March 2020|
|Time:||12:30pm to 1:30pm|
Our seminars, webinars and workshops are for the benefit of those working in organisations who are seeking learning and development opportunities in employment law and workplace safety. As per this, we do not allow competitors to attend our seminars. HR Legal reserves the right to cancel the registration of those who may be a competitor to our organisation. Please note that if we note that your organisation offers similar services to ours we will cancel your registration.