HR professionals often find themselves amid feisty conversations and are expected to resolve them or coach others through them. The manner and effectiveness with which they deal with the initial conversation will either escalate the risk of conflict OR reduce the heat and get everyone back on track, back to focusing on work priorities.
Learn the strategies and practical methods to approach, lead and coach conflict resolution in your workplace. Succeed in facilitating workplace conversations by refining and increasing your skills and mindset.
This 2 day training course guarantees to be an informative, interactive and an essential skill-building workshop that will change the way you view and manage conflict for good!
This training course will:
- Explore HR’s role and reputation during workplace tension including the associated responsibility and power dynamic
- Develop a proactive and deliberate mindset to effectively support others to have constructive conversations
- Enhance conflict-resolution principles that transform “negative” conflict into “positive” conflict into collaboration
- Develop and grow your skill toolbox to manage the dynamics of a difficult conversation including:
- Identify when things aren’t going well and what to do
- How to mediate or facilitate a difficult conversation – the nuts and bolts!
- Coaching others before, during and after the difficult conversation
- Diagnose root causes of conflict
- Interest-based problem solving
- Explore various scripts and conversation starters to build your confidence and capability
- Develop your knowledge of the legal risks to be aware of when having, or avoiding, difficult conversations.
HR Legal together with the The Zalt Group are determined to increase the credibility, capability and confidence of practitioners. We help people to resolve difficult workplace issues. We love to teach others to do what we do.
Past Participant Comments
Mediating difficult conversations was a fantastic course that allowed me to leverage Zandy’s experience and brain-teasing information to review and better guide difficult conversations. Thoroughly enjoyable and relevant.
Jade Fox – HR, GHD
Zandy and her facilitation skills kept the workshop relaxed yet move along at a great pace, I love that no slides were used! Zandy and her wealth of experience in the area of problem-solving along with the content & various models were excellent and highly engaging.
Kerry-Anne Hill – National Organisational Learning & Development Manager at PFD Food Services
Training Course Duration
This training course will be delivered at HR Legal’s offices in South Yarra. Food and beverages will be provided for participants.
We use handouts, case studies and allow time for questions, storytelling, problem solving and networking with other participants to ensure you gain practical knowledge.
In-House Training For Your Organisation
If you would like to train your full HR and/or management team, we can tailor this training to your business and deliver it in-house. In our experience, providing this training for your managers assists businesses to improve their management of employment issues to avoid employment disputes arising.
Please fill out the enquiry form and we will contact you to discuss how we can deliver this training in your business to achieve your objectives.