In December 2020, the Federal Government unveiled its much-anticipated industrial relations reform package in Parliament by introducing the Fair Work Amendment (Supporting Australia’s Jobs and Economic Recovery) Bill 2020, also known as the “Omnibus Bill”. The Bill has progressed and was moved to the Senate last week.
The Omnibus Bill proposes key changes to areas of industrial relations which, if passed, will have significant implications for employers. These areas include changes to casual employment, greater flexibility around part-time work, the approval process in making enterprise agreements, and employer penalties for underpayments of wages.
In this webinar we will discuss these areas together with other hot workplace topics.
This webinar will cover:
- Proposed changes to casual employment including the introduction of a statutory definition of a casual employee and statutory casual conversion and what this will mean for employers.
- Proposed changes to allow employers to flex part-time employees’ hours up and down according to business needs, without the need to pay overtime rates prescribed by the modern award (likely to apply to certain modern awards only).
- Practical changes proposed to streamline and improve enterprise agreement making and the approval process to encourage participation in collective bargaining.
- A new compliance and enforcement framework with the introduction of significant penalties for employers and the criminalisation of dishonest and systematic wage underpayments.
- Implications of the Workpac v Rossato case – including classification of casuals and the ineffective set off of casual loading against leave entitlements – and what employers should do now, bearing in mind the case is proceeding to the High Court.
- Life after the JobKeeper scheme, which is due to end on 28 March 2021.
Our webinars are delivered free and online, we encourage questions from participants at any time during the webinar. We also run polls and questionnaires to keep you engaged and interacting.
- Event Details:
Delivery: Online via GoToWebinar Date: Friday, 12 March 2021 Time: 12:30pm to 1:30pm AEDT Cost: Free
Our seminars, webinars and workshops are for the benefit of those working in organisations who are seeking learning and development opportunities in employment law and workplace safety. As per this, we do not allow competitors to attend our seminars. HR Legal reserves the right to cancel the registration of those who may be a competitor to our organisation. Please note that if we note that your organisation offers similar services to ours we will cancel your registration.