Employers must, so far as is reasonably practicable, protect the health and safety of their employees and minimise any potential exposure to COVID-19 in the workplace. It is important for employers to know their legal rights and responsibilities in managing employees during the COVID-19 outbreak and in what circumstances are employees entitled to paid entitlements, or are on unpaid leave. Employers also want to show leadership and compassion to staff affected.
This webinar will cover:
- Practical considerations and legal obligations for employers, including:
- If an employee or their family member is sick with coronavirus
- If an employee has self-quarantined based on government recommendations or is confined in quarantine overseas including for work related trips
- If an employee returns from work related overseas travel and is not required to self-quarantine in accordance with government recommendations but is directed by their employer to self-quarantine
- If an employee refuses to come to work or perform certain duties as they are concerned about their safety
- If employees are required to take time off work to care for a child who is unable to attend school or childcare because of closures
- Closures of related businesses and clients which are impacting operations
- Working from home arrangements for employees
- Issues associated with granting additional special leave, including to casuals
- Health and safety considerations at work
This webinar will be presented by Dan Feldman, Managing Partner at HR Legal.
|Date:||Thursday, 19 March 2020|
|Time:||12:30pm to 1:30pm|
Our seminars, webinars and workshops are for the benefit of those working in organisations who are seeking learning and development opportunities in employment law and workplace safety. As per this, we do not allow competitors to attend our seminars. HR Legal reserves the right to cancel the registration of those who may be a competitor to our organisation. Please note that if we note that your organisation offers similar services to ours we will cancel your registration.